Alternative Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction: 18 Best Options
Here’s a list of some of the suitable alternative treatments for Erectile Dysfunction; both natural as well as herbal possibilities.To know about the alternative treatments for erectile dysfunction, firstly it’s more important to understand what an “Erectile Dysfunction” issue really is.
Erectile Dysfunction, (also called ED or impotence) is the inability to get or maintain an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse.
This is very common and many people go through this during mentally stressful phases too. People who face this problem frequently should get treatment as soon as possible, as this may also be an indication of further health problems.
A prevalent reason why an individual may be going through erectile dysfunction is maybe because of an emotional breakdown or difficulties in a relationship, therefore it is advised not to take this lightly. Often it can be due to particular lifestyle traits too, thus you could meet a specialist to identify the real cause.
Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction
The male sexual feelings arise with complexities, it includes their physical and mental state of mind, hormones, emotions, blood vessel fluctuation, and muscular movements.
Erectile Dysfunction may happen due to physical or mental/stress issues or maybe because of a combination of both.
Physical Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction
- Heart disease
- Atherosclerosis (when one has clogged blood vessels)
- Parkinson’s disease (damage in the central nervous system)
- Multiple sclerosis (nerve damage that disrupts communication between the brain and other parts of the body)
- Tobacco use (as it restricts blood flow to various blood vessel regions)
- Alcohol and drug intake/abuse
- Metabolic syndrome (it’s a condition that increases the risk of heart disease, including high blood pressure and abnormal cholesterol levels)
Psychological Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction
- Anxiety (it’s the most common among the other factors and can result in increased heart rate, blood pressure, or tiredness, which may affect one’s sexual performance)
- Stress/Tensions (stress can act as a powerful element and may affect your abilities for sexual performance)
- Fear of sexual dysfunction (the fear of ED may affect your performance when you indulge in sexual activity the next time)
- Relationship problems (emotional feelings also affects one’s sexual performance)
- Past experiences (bad past experiences and events relating to one’s sexual life may also result in ED in near future)
Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction
Firstly, it is very important to examine that why is the patient suffering from ED. Whether it’s because of any physical cause, psychological cause, or a combination of both.
Many doctors examine erectile dysfunction merely by taking physical tests or asking a few questions from their patients. Therefore, it makes the process easier for the doctor that which treatment procedure would be applicable and effective for his/her patient.
The tests may include a physical examination of your reproductive organs, blood tests, urine tests, ultrasound, etc.
He may also take a psychological exam and might ask questions related to your personal life (including reasons for depression, stress, or any other psychological cause).
Based on the result of your tests the doctor may suggest various treatment options to you depending on the severity of your erectile dysfunction.
1. Oral Medication
- Cialis (Buy Generic Cialis Online)
- Sildenafil (Buy Sildenafil Online)
- Levitra (Buy Generic Levitra 20mg)
- Generic Viagra (Buy Generic 100mg Viagra Online)
These would increase blood flow in your body (mainly penile regions), which would allow you to get an erection. Keep in mind, these medications would be beneficial with the help of sexual stimulation).
2. Other Medications
- Penile injections (Drug used- Alprostadil, it would boost the blood flow)
- Urethral suppository
- Testosterone replacement (for people whose body produce less level of this hormone)
The use of ALPROSTADIL is mandatory for these therapies and medications.
If medications are not much effective, then doctors may also suggest other treatments like:
- Penis pumps (it has a tension ring which one attaches with the penis, and it helps the blood flow)
- A penile implant (devices like inflatable or bendable rods are placed around your penis to keep it firm)
Alternative Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction
Though the medications and other treatments are pretty effective, one should also keep in mind the alternative treatments for erectile dysfunction.
These give more positive results, be it for physical causes or psychological. These alternative treatments do not have too many side effects, unlike the other treatments and medications which are harmful to our overall health.
Some of these alternative treatments which one should definitely try are:
- Exercise– recent studies prove that doing regular exercise or any type of physical warm-up (aerobics, dancing, martial arts) can help reduce the possibility of erectile dysfunction.
- Psychological counseling sessions– people who suffer from ED due to psychological causes are advised to see a counselor or a psychologist.
- Quit smoking– if it is difficult for you to quit smoking then there are prescribed medicines and patches which you can take. they will surely help you quit.
- Cut down alcohol and drug use– alcohol and illegal drugs cause long-term health problems and can also worsen your erectile dysfunction.
- Talk to your partner– if you are having relationship issues, try communicating with your partner, you both together would definitely work on this to make the situation better.
- Lose weight– obesity is also one of the major causes of ED which gets much worse later, so try working out and lose your weight.
- Practice yoga and meditation– yoga and meditation relax your mind and body, in return, it will also decrease stress and anxiety from your mind. Hence, it will improve your performance efficiently.
Other Alternative Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction (Natural Options)
Herbal and natural options can also be taken into consideration. Researches have proved that natural treatments prove to be more effective in the long run without any side effects.
Some of the natural options and herbs are as follows:
- Rhodiola Rosea– Rhodiola Rosea helps to improve energy levels and thereby reduces the tiredness or fatigue factor.
- DHEA hormone (Dehydroepiandrosterone)– is produced by the adrenal glands and can be converted into testosterone. This hormone also helps in better blood flow.
- L-arginine– produces nitric oxide which relaxes the blood vessels and helps in erection.
- Acupuncture– this method is not much reliable, but has proven to be a success in few cases.
- Indian ginseng– also known as Ashwagandha, and has also proved to be helpful in few cases.
- Maca– is a type of root which has helped reduce stress levels.
- White ginger– is a medicinal plant that increases sperm count and also testosterone to some extent.
- Ginkgo biloba– a Chinese herb that helps in increasing blood flow. It may not be a permanent cure but, it definitely helps in betterment.
- Intake of fruits rich in potassium or potassium tablets-fruits like bananas, watermelon, and papayas help in smooth blood flow which in turn helps in erection.
Some ayurvedic medicines are given below also help to cure erectile dysfunction:
- Shatavari– it is also known as the curer of one hundred diseases and helps to improve blood circulation and calm nerves.
- Safed Musli– it boosts the sperm count.
Alternative Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction: Conclusion
Though there are various treatment options, one should always get approval from their doctor before proceeding with any kind of treatment further. People have different body types and immune systems therefore, each type of treatment may prove to be a benefit for one and may prove harmful for the other. So it is always advisable to consult a doctor even if you are following a home remedial treatment.
Adopting a new healthy lifestyle would also help to overcome this problem quickly. Exercising, working out, apt sleep cycle, and intake of nutritious food – maintaining this cycle regularly would surely improve one’s ED problems.
March 16, 2021 Sam Bell