Piracetam: Benefits And Side Effects
Nootropics are taking the forefront nowadays because they help to improve the brain functioning in many ways. There are many nootropics readily available in the pharmacies and online stores nowadays offering different benefits. Piracetam remains the predecessor to all these nootropics. Here we hope to list out some facts about Piracetam that you need to know as a user.
Piracetam is the First Nootropic
While there are a vast range of nootropics now available and which claim to serve a vast variety of purposes, Piracetam was the one to be discovered first. The researchers were trying to develop a medicine that would enhance sleep patterns but instead developed something that enhanced alertness.
After the discovery of Piracetam as a nootropic, there were many derivatives that worked well as nootropics. Researchers had initially come up with Piracetams to help recovery for alcoholics and for people who had experienced near-drowning experience.
Piracetam medicine is now marketed in many different brand names like nootropil, dinagen, myocalm and qropi among others. The medicine is available in many different strengths and the doctor will prescribe the right dosage for you based on your health condition or the condition for which the medicine is used.
Benefits of Piracetam
Piracetam is easily avaiable to buy and is gaining popularity as a racetam and a nootropic because of the myriad benefits associated with its use. Here we have listed out the top benefits of Piracetam:
1. Helps Dementia and Alzheimer’s
Dementia and Alzheimer’s are two memory related health conditions that trouble people as they start aging. Studies reveal that memory related issues that arise in these two health conditions are a result of build-up of amyloid-beta peptides in the brain.
Piracetam prevents these health conditions from worsening as it prevents these build-ups from affecting the brain functioning. Providing a regular dose of Piracetam medicine can help people with Dementia and Alzheimer’s to lead better and more active lives.
2. Helps Treat Dyslexia
Dyslexia is a learning disorder that makes it difficult for children to learn, spell or grasp basics of language. Studies were conducted to check how the nootropic Piracetam works on the brains of dyslexics and results revealed improvement in majority cases. Since Piracetam makes the person more alert, it is an effective medicine to enhance learning ability in dyslexics.
3. Helps with Certain Myoclonic Seizures
Myoclonic seizures are a particular type of seizures that are seen mostly in children. These seizures may also be seen in elder patients. The attacks make it difficult for the person to handle the routine tasks and activities.
Thanks to the advance in research, Piracetam is a nootropic that has been found effective in such seizure cases.
The severity of myoclonic seizures is greatly reduced when you are on Piracetam. However, you need to consult your doctor regarding the right medicines to consume and also seek his advice about whether the medicine suits you.
4. Can Provide Pain Relief
Chronic pain is part of several health conditions like certain types of cancers and also arthritis. Piracetam medicine is found useful in some such health conditions as this medicine reduces the overall inflammation and hence reduces pain too.
Piracetam also helped to reduce swelling. This is the reason why some doctors may consider it apt to prescribe Piracetam for pain relief.
5. May Help To Enhance Brain Functions
While the researchers were looking for some medicine to enhance sleep patterns, they developed Piracetam which makes the user more alert and active. It helps to curb lethargy and users are able to do their work more effectively. The increased concentration and alertness are some of the other plusses.
Is Piracetam Suitable for Everyone?
While Piracetam is an extremely beneficial racetam and nootropic, it may not suit everyone. It is necessary to check your health, medical history, age, gender and other factors before using this medicine.
The medicine is not prescribed to pregnant women or lactating mothers. It is also not prescribed to children below 18 years of age. It is also not suitable for people who are already on other nootropics.
Side Effects of Piracetam
As a user of Piracetam, you also need to be aware of the different side effects of this medicine. Here we have listed these out.
- The medicine may cause nausea, vomiting and digestive health problems in some people.
- In some people, the medicine may cause headache and dizziness.
- Tiredness and fatigue are other possible side effects of the medicine.
- In rare cases, the medicine may cause depression and suicidal thoughts in some people. If you suspect anything of the sort, you must rush to a doctor.
- The medicine may affect your sleep patterns preventing you from getting proper sleep in the night. This could in turn result in anxiety, paranoia and other emotional health problems.
Where to Buy Piracetam?
Piracetam is an approved and authorised nootropic for certain health conditions. That is why you can buy Piracetam online as well as offline with ease.
Here are things to check before you place an order for Piracetam medicine online.
- Check the expiry date of the medicine.
- See whether the medicine retailer is approved and authorised to sell the medicine.
- Go through the shipping policy of the online store to know whether the medicine is delivered to your location.
- Go through the return and refund policy of the site to know what happens in case you didn’t get the medicine you ordered for.
- Opt for cash on delivery and card on delivery to be on the safer side.
What to Tell Your Doctor Before You Start Taking Piracetam?
A doctor needs to be well informed about your health so that he can make the right prescription for you. Here are things you need to tell your doctor before he prescribes Piracetam.
- Inform him about any food and medicine allergies in the past.
- Inform him about any heart health problems with you or that runs in the family.
- Tell him about your bad habits like smoking and drinking.
- Inform your doctor about any sleep disorders you have had.
Based on these facts, the doctor will be able to assess whether the medicine is safe for you.
February 28, 2020 Sam Bell