All you need to know about the MTP Kit
In recent days, doctors are coming up with many medicines which help us in all parts of our lives. Getting pregnant or having a baby is a big thing to think about and is a crucial thing in our lives, many things can go wrong. But doctors have come up with many solutions for every situation and for unintentional pregnancy they have come up with the MTP kit. MTP is an abbreviation for Medical termination pack. This is a prescribed drug for abortion. It consists of two important drugs namely Mifepristone and Misoprostol. The whole cycle contains only one tablet of Mifepristone and four tablets of Misoprostol.
There are many things to consider before starting to take this tablet. It is not an easy thing to have an abortion, there are many things to think about before the abortion. Firstly, the important thing is to get over the fear and anxiety or guilt. Make your head clear and then talk to a doctor about taking this Medication. Second important thing is to tell your doctor everything he or she asks for, the doctor will not judge you, so do not worry about it.
The Function of the MTP kit:
The MTP kit functions efficiently on almost every user. But, it must first be consulted with a doctor. The MTP Kit consists of five tablets in total, one tablet is Mifepristone and the remaining four tablets are Misoprostol. You will have to start with one tablet of Mifepristone, it is taken orally. Then you will have to take the other four tablets of Misoprostol as the doctor prescribed you. This tablet is mostly through vaginal placement as it has been more effective than taken orally. The doctor will guide you through the entire process. Make sure that you are within 63 days of gestation as it is not for the women who are pregnant more than that time period. If you want to abort after that period time of 63 days, surgical removal is only suggested.
The first tablet Mifepristone stops the effects of the progesterone hormone which helps in sustaining the pregnancy. While this tablet is taken it affects the linings on the womb causing it to break and you will bleed like in the time of your periods. This helps in abortion big time. The following tablet which is Misoprostol causes contraction in the uterus and causes the cervix to loosen up, which is not suitable for carrying the fetus. Usually, one cycle of this MTP kit is enough to carry out the abortion. In rare cases, more tablets will be prescribed by the doctors.
Cheap MTP kit – Dosage:
Cheap MTP Kit Online must be under the prescription and the supervision of your doctor. You must be under 63 days of gestation to even start with this tablet. You must be honest with your doctor. If you are over 63 days it might have dangerous consequences. You must not have any allergies to Mifepristone, Misoprostol, or any other ingredients present in the tablet.
You will start with taking the tablet Mifepristone, it is taken orally with the help of a glass of water. It starts taking effect. Then, after two to three days you will have to take the other four tablets of Misoprostol. It can be placed vaginally with the help of a doctor. By the end of this, the abortion would most probably be successful, if still the pregnancy continued, the doctor might prescribe you another 2 doses of Misoprostol. In rare cases, if the abortion didn’t take place, then you will have to go with surgery only.
Warnings and Precautions to take:
- An important precaution to take is to consult with a doctor, do not start the medication without consulting with a doctor first.
- You must tell about every allergy you have to your doctor. You might have an allergy to Mifepristone, Misoprostol, or any other ingredient present in the tablets.
- You must also inform about any disorder or issues you have in your body to your doctor because this medicine might worsen any of those conditions.
- You must not have alcohol in your system while or after taking this tablet, the ingredients in the tablet will not go well with the alcohol.
- You should not have grapefruit juice while taking this medication, it might have bad consequences.
- Strictly, do not start with the medication if you are pregnant for more than 63 days. MTP kit is not a solution after 63 days. You still have other ways like surgery. So, do not worry and discreetly take medicine. It definitely will not help.
- Do not take the tablets if you are a mother who is breastfeeding. Little of the medicine might enter your breast and the breast milk might be dangerous for your child.
- Do not take the medication, if you are a woman whose age is over 35. Ask your doctor for the solution.
- You will experience some painful cramps, so be ready with some heat pads to soothe the pain.
- You might feel dizzy while on this medication, so avoid driving or working with dangerous heavy machines.
Common side effects:
There are some common complaints about the side effects of taking this medication, do not worry these will fade away on their own. Some of the common side effects are as follows,
- Mild or severe fever.
- Excessive bleeding.
- Contractions of the uterine.
- Excessive tiredness.
- Pain and cramping around the abdominal region.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Lost appetite.
- Trouble breathing.
- Vomiting or vomiting sensation.
The above are some common side effects that you might experience. These will go away on their own, if any of the conditions continue to stay, contact your doctor, he or she might suggest you some painkillers or any other treatments.
When can the MTP kit be used?
The MTP kit can be used by pregnant women who are pregnant for lesser days than 63. Those who are pregnant for more than 63 days should not take this medication.
What to do if I missed a dose?
If you miss a dose of the medication, contact your doctor right away before proceeding to the next dose.
Can I use the MTP kit while I’m breastfeeding?
No, do not start on the medication while breastfeeding, it might affect your child.
Can I drive after taking the pills?
No, do not drive while on the medication as it causes dizziness, you might not drive properly.
Can I drink while on this medication?
No, alcohol or any other liquid with grapefruit juice must be avoided as the medicine might have reverse reactions while getting mixed with alcohol or grapefruit juice.
March 22, 2022 Eric Walton